- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Line 8 holes of a muffin tin with squares of baking paper or paper muffin cases
- Mix together the cooled melted butter, milk, vanilla extract and eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, mixed spice, sugar, cranberries and Jordans Super 3 Seeds Granola, breaking up any large clusters
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with the mashed banana, being careful not to over mix i.e. don’t beat the mixture! Spoon into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, until firm and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack
The temptation to eat them now will be immense... But hold out for the topping. Here's how to make it;
- Put the cranberries into a saucepan with the orange juice and simmer gently until the liquid has evaporated. Cool completely,
- Once nice and cool, stir them into the soft cheese with the vanilla extract.
- Use to top the cranberry Christmas muffins, then decorate with the orange zest.
- The secret of successful muffins is to make sure that you don’t over-mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- These yummy muffins are lovely on their own, so if you don't fancy the topping fear not. They taste just as good without it.
- Another time, use dried cherries instead of cranberries, though you’ll need to chop them in half.
- Fab for Christmas Morning too!
- Suitable for freezing