How can something so simple taste so lip-smackingly good?
These tasty crunchies use Jordans Country Crisp Flame Raisin to add the delectable crunch, which is then smothered in lush velvety chocolate...Trust us when we say you'll be going back for 2nds...3rds...4ths...
- 350g (12oz) Jordans Country Crisp Flame Raisin
- 125g (5oz) Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 300g (10oz) Plain Chocolate, broken into pieces
- Line the base of a 20cm (8 inch) square cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and syrup in a large saucepan over a low heat. keeping your eye on it, you don't want the mixture to get too hot.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder. Add the Jordans Country Crisp with Flame Raisins, breaking down any large clusters with a wooden spoon. Give it a good stir to make sure that all the cereal is coated. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, positioned over a saucepan of simmering water. Once all lovely and melted, pour over the base and spread out evenly. Chill for about an hour (not you, the recipe, but you can also chill), until set. To serve, cut into squares and prepare for utter scrumminess.
This flame raisin chocolate crunchie recipe is fab for packed lunches and picnics – though be sure to keep it cool with an ice pack, to prevent the chocolate from melting
To measure syrup, warm a metal cook’s measuring spoon in hot water or in a gas flame, so that the syrup slides off the spoon easily.
When cutting into squares, warm the knife in hot water to make slicing easier – and neater!