Upcycling can be fun and rewarding too!
I bet you’ve got an old pair of wellies lurking about that are growing cobwebs. So why not give them a new lease of life and create something for your garden, patio or balcony? If you plant them with flowers, you’ll be providing food for pollinators like bees and butterflies, or you could grow strawberries or tomatoes in them too so you can have fresh fruit to pick for your breakfast and supper!
Here’s our step by step guide to upcycle some wellies (old kids wellies work a treat too)
- Find some old wellies
- Give them a clean if they have old mud caked on
- Find some old paint you may have laying around (exterior paint is best, so it doesn’t wash off when it rains)
- Paint your wellies in your chosen colour
- Using a drill (be careful here) drill drainage holes in the soles of the wellies
- Fill with soil and a little compost
- Plant your flowers or seeds (we used these bright geraniums!)
- Admire your hard work with a brew.