Delicious, mouth-watering banoffee pie with our Crunchy Oat Granola base.
We've taken a traditional banoffee pie recipe and given it a granola twist. Using our Simply Granola with a hint of honey creates the most satisfying crunchy base.
- 225g Simply Granola
- 150g butter , melted
- 397g can caramel or 400g dulce de leche
- 3 small bananas , sliced
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 square dark chocolate (optional)
- Crush the Simply Granola, either by using a wooden spoon or wooden rolling pin in a bowl until you get fine crumbs. Mix the crushed granola with the melted butter until fully combined. Tip the mixture into a 23cm loose bottomed fluted tart tin and cover the tin, including the sides, with the granola mixture in an even layer. Push down with the back of a spoon to smooth the surface and chill for 1 hr, or overnight. This is really important so you can serve the slices easily.
- Beat the caramel to loosen and spoon it over the bottom of the biscuit base. Spread it out evenly using the back of a spoon or palette knife. Gently push the chopped banana into the top of the caramel until the base is covered. Put back in the fridge for a further 30 mins.
- Whip the cream with the icing sugar until billowy and thick. Take the pie out of the fridge and spoon the whipped cream on top of the bananas. Grate the dark chocolate over the cream, if you like, and serve.