Ever wondered what it would be like to be a billionaire?
Take a bite of this flapjack and wonder no more. Made with melted butter, golden syrup and Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Fruit & Nut. Then, topped with a layer of salted caramel and sprinkled with more Crunchy Oat Granola; it tastes better than anything money could buy.
- 325g (12oz) butter, cut into pieces (175g/6oz for base, 150g/6oz for topping)
- 125g (5oz) golden syrup
- 75g (3oz) light muscovado sugar
- 300g (10oz) Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Fruit & Nut
- 397g can condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup (for the topping)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Fruit & Nut (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Line the base of a 20cm (8 inch) square cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt 175g (6oz) of the butter, 125g (5oz) of the golden syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over a low heat, being extra careful that the mixture doesn’t get too hot. Remove from the heat and stir in 300g (10oz) of Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Fruit & Nut.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- For the topping, heat the condensed milk, 150g (6oz) butter and the 4 tbsps. of golden syrup in a heavy-based saucepan until melted, then boil steadily over a low heat for 5-6 minutes. Make sure you stir throughout, to ensure it doesn’t catch on the pan: it should end up an indulgent, rich golden brown. Stir in the salt, then pour onto the cooled flapjack. Sprinkle 2 tbsps. of the Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Fruit & Nut over the top and leave until cold.
- Cut into squares and eat straight away, or store in an airtight tin for up to 1 week.
If you like your flapjacks more traditional, just make without the topping, and use Jordans Chunky Traditional Porridge instead of Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola