Not just for Christmas...
These cookies use a mix of flour and Jordans Super Berry Granola, sugar, baking powder and ground cinnamon, and are stuck together using gooey golden syrup.
Plus you never know who might make an unexpected visit, so these treats will ensure and you don’t get caught out without a little something to hand.
- 100g (4oz) plain wholemeal flour
- 50g (2oz) Jordans Super Berry Granola
- 75g (3oz) demerara sugar
- 2 level tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g (3oz) butter
- 3 level tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Grease and line two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, preferably a Christmas-themed one, mix together the flour and Jordans Super Berry Granola, breaking up any large clusters. Stir in the sugar, baking powder and ground cinnamon.
- Melt the butter and syrup in a non-stick saucepan. Do not allow the mixture to boil. Pour onto the dry ingredients and get mixing.
- Shape the mixture into 12 balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets, spaced well apart to allow for spreading. Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until pale golden brown, you’ll know when they’re done by the smell. Cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies make a lovely gift, why not wrap several cookies in greaseproof paper before wrapping in tissue paper and tying with a ribbon to give away to your cookie-loving friends.