A crowd pleaser...
Visually this cake is a real crowd pleaser; with golden apricots and sweet apple slices, just wait till you taste it. The crunchiness of Jordans oat granola combined with autumnal mixed spices makes it a cake you’d want to tuck into again and again.
Serve warm with a generous dollop of crème fraiche for extra yum factor.
- 250g (9oz) Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Raisin and Almond
- 150g (6oz) Light muscovado sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 250g (9oz) Self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon Ground mixed spice
- Pinch of salt
- 250g (9oz) Butter
- 250g (9oz) Ready-to-eat dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 2 Eating apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Creme fraiche, ice cream or natural yogurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm (8 inch) loose-based cake tin
- Mix together the Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola, sugar (keeping back 1 tablespoon), flour, spice and salt. Melt the butter over a low heat and stir into the dry ingredients. Tip half the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Press down lightly
- Mix the apricots, apples and lemon juice together and arrange about two-thirds in the cake tin. Sprinkle the remaining cake mixture on top and press down lightly. Scatter the rest of the fruit mixture on top, and sprinkle with leftover sugar
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until firm and deliciously golden brown. Cool for about 20-30 minutes, (if you can wait that long!) then remove from the tin. Carefully remove the lining paper. Serve warm or cold with crème fraiche, ice cream or natural yogurt
Try using the Fruit and Nut variety of Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola next time.
In August & September, try using blackberries instead of apricots for a seasonal treat - they always taste good mixed with apples.
A perfect pud to please the crowds after a Sunday roast, or cold with a nice cup of tea.